Sunday, January 18, 2015

Senz Storm Proof Umbrella




On more than one occasion, I have bought a cheap umbrella from the dollar tree and ended up throwing it away because the wind turned it inside out. Under ideal circumstances, a regular umbrella would shelter you from the rain. Unfortunately there is no such thing as april showers all year round. Strong winds, heavy rain, or a combination of the two have resulted in many runny noses, and drenched backpacks. Unlike the traditional umbrella, the Senz Storm Proof Umbrella was built to stand against any type of weather. The design mimics the aerodynamics of an airplane wing. Having a short front and elongated back it becomes wind resistant and also protects you and your belongings.  It has been tested to withstand winds up to 70 mile per hour, depending on the style. A lot of research was put into redesigning a simple umbrella. The grip area is made of an air infused rubber. The pole and frame is made from ABS material, which is a strong, durable thermoplastic. Also the frame is slanted to protect your eyes from any possible injury in the instance the umbrella broke apart. These designers thought about everything when it came to this umbrella. As a child, I must have poked, or scratched something at least once a week, due to being very clumsy, and a cheaply made umbrella with rounded tips at the end of the frame. I am all for this umbrella. I like the sleekness and durability of this design an it actually works. As I am pursuing my graphics design career, I am reminded that design itself is not only creativity, but also scientific.  



   For more information click on the link below:



No comments:

Post a Comment